Top Keywords

Entrance Test

In today s life we can see in our daily lives that Entrance Test is needed for any kind of exam which the students are writing through Entrance Test only his fate is finalized whether he can sit in the class or whether he can get his job where the student has to decide his life through this Entrance Test In India, Entrance Test are chiefly confined to medicine, engineering, and management. These range from the BITS Pilani Entrance Test and IIT-JEE where only one in a hundreds can hope to get admission to state Entrance Test which is many and varied. The stiff competition has led to a situation where many students neglect their school studies and focus solely on entrance coaching to write their Entrance Test which is time-consuming and expensive. This has led many states to scrap the Entrance Test and base admissions on the school leaving marks which unfortunately are none too reliable. Experts point out that in a country where many different boards are present common Entrance Test are essential, but application skills rather than cramming should be stressed on. Frequent changes in the pattern of examination are essential since sticking to a standard text or standard pattern alone will favor the coaching industry and the rote-learners Some of these exams (particularly the UPSCs Engineering Services Examination, BITS Plain Entrance Test, IIT-JEE, CAT and AIPMT) are considered among the toughest in the world, with lakhs of students competing for a few thousand seats. It is not uncommon for a university to use multiple examinations for Entrance Test Engineering schools in India usually admit 15% of their students through the national-level AIEEE and the remaining 85% based on their scores in the Entrance Test conducted by the state in which the college is located. Government-run medical schools use a similar pattern, basing admissions on the candidates rank at the All India Pre-Medical Test. The Indian Institutes of Management conduct a Common Admission Test through Entrance Test for their applicants, but continue to consider the more common GMAT scores for foreign and non-resident applicants. The renowned Indian Institutes of Technology conduct the notoriously competitive IIT-JEE and the BITS Pilani conducts an Entrance Test called BITSAT Recently Entrance Test have been introduced for courses such as law and hotel management. Some colleges such as AIIMS and AFMC and many private medical colleges conduct their own Entrance Test. However the college admission procedure in India remains somewhat controversial due to the presence of reservation of seats for backward castes.